21 Activities for Families with Quarantine Cabin Fever
It may seem overly cautious to self-quarantine if you aren't sick, but the best way to keep the virus from spreading is to participate in social distancing as much as possible. As more and more school are closing, as well as work places, parents are being left with high anxiety and kids with cabin fever.
Firstly, parents should feel no shame in having more leniency on routines and rules when it comes to accommodating the chaos of the self quarantine. Independent play? Screen time? Quite reading time? Yes, yes and yes!
But in case you’re out of ideas, here are 21 things to do to with your kids as a family to get through cabin fever.
- Make it a family game night
- Throw a dance party.
- Make a time capsule box
- DIY scavenger hunt
- Create a toy animal zoo with different habitats
- Have an indoor picnic
- Move together- Yoga, bike rides, etc.
- Make sock puppets
- Create a fort
- Finger paint
- Have a family talent show
- Everyone draw a family portrait and then have an art show
- Listen to audio books with your kids
- Play giant Jenga
- Have a movie night with popcorn
- Blind taste test random foods and guess what they are
- Write a letter to a friend or relative.
- Build an obstacle course
- FaceTime dinner with family and friends